Thursday, January 29, 2009

a few of my favorite (baby) things...


While Jackson is allowing me a few minutes to write as he chills in his bouncer seat, I thought I would mention a few of my favorite things this go-around. As a seasoned mom, from years ago, some of the newest stuff is the best of inventions. We avoided pricey and plastic, accepted a lot of hand-me-downs in both clothes and toys/necessities. But, a few of my totally favorite things right now are G Diapers and my Co-Sleeper by Arm’s Reach.


G Diapers! I LOVE THEM!!! This is how that love story began… I went web searching for diaper that would work on sensitive skin and also an environment friendly diaper and knew for sure I didn’t want to do cloth (too much work washing and they are so wet next to the baby’s skin). What I found was the G Diaper (www.gdiaper.com). The absolute best diaper ever! Seriously, I have done my own miniature research. We can home from the hospital with Pampers and mom and Shelley made my diaper cakes from the Seventh Generation for the baby shower (they are a soft brown color due to the no chlorine approach). So, I had three different types of diapers to test and try. Here are the results of my very unscientific study… The Pampers and the Seventh Generation feel rougher on the Heine, they leaked more times than not, and they require somewhere to put them. The G Diapers are super soft, they leak less by design, they are healthier for baby skin, and they can be flushed (YES, flushed) or when put in the trash, they biodegrade in less than thirty days… (Pampers and Seventh Generation take more than 500 YEARS). They are easy to use and wicked cute: certainly more flair for the rear end. I really just love them and so does Jackson. The adjustable waist makes them a lot more comfortable for our little man… and on and on I could go. If you are planning a baby in the near future, try them out. Jackson has all the colors except the pinks and extremely girlie colors… We love them! By the way, when you plan to flush them you save money: no diaper genie, no special diaper pail or hamper, less odor, less trash, low maintenance. Go to the site and watch the videos…. I mean I LOVE them!


The Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper. We didn’t get the mini co-sleeper, as most of you know, these Endresen babies can get big fast. So, in lieu of bassinet or cradle, we chose the co-sleeper. Its greatest appeal is that it attaches to our bed and is immediately at my side… right against our bed for easy reaching during the night. I don’t even have to get up to comfort him, he is right there. The added advantage is that it converts into a play yard for later use. It comes in so many colors, of course we chose brown and cream (neutral) and our favorite colors. There is so much space in this co-sleeper and it folds into a travel bag for easy travel. Love it! It is so much more user friendly than the cradles and bassinets of twenty years ago. That is my other love… but the first is that G Diaper… AMAZING!
By the way, how do we get Jackson’s schedule reversed? I think his days and nights are totally confused! LOL!

4 comments:

mandy said...

Once again, you are making me want another baby so I can try out the new, fun things! I'm glad those diapers are working out well for you and I hope the co-sleeper will actually be used for some nighttime sleeping soon!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Hey! Sorry it has taken me so long to read your blog...life of a mom, you know! I hope you got my blog invitation, though, it's aaronandheidi.blogspot.com.

Those products look pretty cool, I think the gdiapers are awesome for being so environmentally-friendly! Let me know how they 'contain' everything!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

By the way, congratulations again on the birth of you beautiful baby boy! He is so darling!

Leah said...

I LOVE G diapers, and if John didn't refuse to use them they'd definitely be in this home 24/7. Co-sleepers are so great and I think they're such a good investment!!

I am so glad you get a chance to blog pretty often! I love reading about how things are going and I hope you keep it up! Now on reversing Jackson's schedules... all I can say is try to keep him up during the day and if he has to nap let him but probably not long stretches helped me!