Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today is the Day

I don't even know how to begin the entry for today. Jeff & I have been up since 330 this morning and have checked Jaime into the L&D unit at Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. The nurses from night shift worked as an incredible team starting her IV, hooking up the monitors. My first phone call this morning was from Jaime, but my second was from Kellie at 415 am!! She just had to call us, she said. She was in tears and just so grateful for the journey. Jaime and I were both so happy this morning... and I have to admit to having less sleep in the last 36 hours than I hoped to have... of course, no crying over spilled milk now!

Yesterday we had qite a scare with the hospital scheduling yesterday... I called my dear friend Amy, who happens to work in L&D and WE WEREN'T on the schedule. The doctor's assistant had scheduled us at the OTHER hospital in Katy and we didn't want to deliver there! Amy helped get us on the very full schedule at Katy and all was fixed because of her. Thank God for Amy and God Bless her!!! Snaffu fixed and all is well!

I woke this morning in tears, tears of gratitude, tears of love, tears of appreciation. I am so very, very blessed for having Jaime in my life. Who would've known that this little girl, 7 years old when Jeff and I married in 1988, would become on of my closest and dearest friends and that she would i turn bring this incredible gift of life to our lives. Tears fall even now when I think about all the beauty brought to my life with this baby journey. Jaime has been a miracle, an honest to goodness Angel in our lives.

It is almost 7 am now and Jaime is starting to have some lower abdominal cramping due to the Pitocin. She is excited and nervous and we are all together in the room, waiting for the next step to happen. I wish I had words that were as profound as the nervous excitement and energy in this room, words that described the beauty and love here... words that encapsulated the meaning of this journey to all our lives. More to come... photos on Facebook as updates happen.

2 comments:

mandy said...

What an exciting day! I can't wait to hear all the details. Your scheduling problem reminded me of Mads' birth. We showed up all ready to be induced and they said I wasn't scheduled until the next day. Luckily there was a room or I would have lost it!

Leah said...

I can't wait to read more about this journey! I know it might be awhile but I'm so excited for you!