Wednesday, December 31, 2008

good times... noodle salad

Last night was simply amazing. Having my Aunt & Uncle over, their five kids, the spouses and the next generation, Jeff's parentals, Jake and his friend Michelle... 7 kiddos... What a blast! We ate Jeff's awesome Texas style BBQ with brisket, pulled pork, hog loin, and fried turkey... oh my goodness, YUM. While the kids built amazing Lego's, we took a few rounds at Guitar Hero and American Idol. What a hoot and nothing was more surprising than lil Jake and lil Matt winning the American Idol competition with Block Hole Sun!!! Who would've known? We also loved watching Lauren and Mandy sing Glamorous a la Fergie... Lauren has some moves! Tammy and Alyson did Rio by Duran Duran... Heather treated us to a solo before the competition began and yes, those boys won! Still laughing... I have to add it is such a blessing to have such a loving family, one filled with laughter and memories and acceptance for who we are and where we are in life. Can't wait for the next gathering. Adam & Mandy have extended the invitation for us to come visit them in Idaho... so after everyone left last night we looked up Idaho Falls and it is gorgeous (in the Spring)... So, we are looking into going up there. What a hoot that would be!

2 comments:

mandy said...

I found your blog! How fun to read your take on the dinner. We all had such a great time! I also read your tribute post to Jacque. So beautiful and touching. Thank you for sharing such a special part of you. I am inspired by you and your strength.

Janelle said...

Thank you and Jeff again for the wonderful evening. I am so happy I was able to see you twice while I was there. Seriously, I have been craving your homemade mac n cheese. Yummy! Love you!