Friday, August 21, 2009

where did August go?

So, time is flying by and things have been very, very busy. Sorry for the delay in updates. I will work backwards:
Jackson crawled around all morning chasing Maya... still doesn't move those back legs independently of each other.. wait until he figures out that it will increase his speed. I am already in trouble as he is a mover and a shaker. Laughing. But super studly cute!
I went back to work PRN this week. PRN means as needed, or basically I work when I want to and there is a need in the department. Which is quite often. I am back where I left 18 months ago, before Jeff's dad was ill, before Jackson came into my life... where I used to work full time as a case manager. Now I am back doing it. I did three days this week and it felt more like old home week than actual work. But, once I get that computer password assigned to me... it will be more work than play. It was good to see my old friends and the group that I chilled with. It felt so weird having adult conversations about something other than family business and drama. It felt good.
I missed Jackson, though and it makes it all worth it just to see the complete excitement rock his world. He is also saying bye-bye with his hand sporadically. Like the other day, Jeff got home first and he was so excited. Cheri handed him to Jeff and he gave Jeff a big love and then turned and waved bye-bye to Cheri (who he calls nanni). Kinda like, oh, ok my dad's here now - you can go. SWEET! He is a character.
He is pulling himself up on everything and starting to "cruise" 0 he has taken two steps consecutively that I have seen, while holding onto furniture or other things for balance. This kid is amazingly strong and no comparison to the other two... Jacque was close, but not Jake. We couldn't stand this early and wasn't walking even at a year old. Jacque was for sure... individuality.
Its great to have Jeff living in Houston again... enjoying having our family back together...
except that last weekend we hugged Jake goodbye in Baton Rouge, LA as we left him in the dorms at LSU. He is a Tiger now. And tonight is at the second night of Rush, looking for a fraternity to join. His daddy is Kappa Sigma and Jeff would LOVE for him to be a brother in that house, but he received an early bid on the first night from Pi Kappa Alpha... but told them he was keeping his options open and wanted to wait. He is having a great time and has been there a week now - classes start Monday. We are so proud of him, he is really doing a great thing with his life. Proud, I tell you - I am proud.
All my travel is done for August... and in September I have no new plans... maybe something for my birthday weekend, not sure. But, nothing concrete and that is a good thing. That's the scoop for now!

1 comments:

mandy said...

Yay for the update! I am so glad that things are going well for you all...enjoy the quiet for awhile!