Thursday, April 30, 2009

jackson updates


I was thinking - early this morning - like 4am, when Jackson woke me from a sound and peaceful sleep with the pangs of hunger... that I totally forgot to update the blog with info on the newest events of my lil'guy! That is ridiculous... Normally, he lets me sleep until at least 630am and sometimes as late as 8am. This morning I will have a lot to do to get Dad ready for discharge from the hospital... but I really would've enjoyed some more solid sleep without the stress dreams of late. Like two nights ago when I dreamed I was a jet fighter pilot for the USA, ranked #15 in the nation (really? seriously? is that the weirdest thing or what?)... that is a dream for a teenage boy, not a 20-something mom of 3! Anyway, I was called to fight for our country as we were being attacked by an unnamed middle eastern country... and to make a long dream short... What the heck? I think it had something to do with Jeff buying this militant looking rifle of some sort for our friend George in CA... it looked a lot like those weapons seen in the arms of young children in war torn third world countries.... that, flying to CA, taking care of Dad... the pressure is obviously getting to me! LOL! Anyway, back to my favorite little dude. He is totally giggling out loud now... this started on April 21. He woke up with the biggest out loud giggle on his Auntie Kellie's birthday... since then, we have found tons of tickle spots to recreate the laughter. He is so outgoing ad fun... full of smiles and cuddles. Reminds me a lot of Jacque's personality... which, I won't lie, is a total blessing! He is also scooting a lot when I lay him onto his blanket for tummy time. Jackson is also drooling tons and mastering the spit bubble... teething just around the corner. He is starving all the time (I know he gets this from his Dad who can't go more than two hours without eating SOMETHING)... and his reflux is bad enough that now we are weighting down his formula bottles with a little rice cereal... it helps and educed projectile occurrences, but he is still a spitty kid. He has found his hands and definitely loves to have them in his mouth! Which is fine with me... I keep them clean... which will be less likely to happen as he gets older. He is playing in his exer-saucer and loves to punch the buttons to make the animal sounds and music as the reward. It is awesome to see him reach and grab, pull and push... all with purpose. Of course, if he gets ahold of it, he wants it straight away into his mouth! He is also a blanket kid.... preferring soft flannels and micro-fibers to anything else... he holds a piece, snuggles his burp rags in his sleep, and almost always needs one tightly grasped in his hands when going ni-night... I love that. Both my older kids were blanket lovers as well... and they call them their bubbies! Looks like Jackson will be a bubbie lover, too. He wakes up singing and talking... and he is such a good baby. Cranky Jack Jack Attach time has subsided and while he is a little more cranky in the evening, he is not screaming or acting colicky in any way... just a little more demanding and temperamental in the evening... but totally manageable... bye bye to Jack Jack Attack, which is fading into a distant memory... Hallelujah! So, that is the scoop... maybe I can get some more sleep before my day really gets going!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I feel blessed that I get to wake up at 930 or 10 nad my kid is out.. but I feel your need for sleep. When Alex had Acid Reflux it was SO hard to get good sleep and with his non-stop growth spurts he was eating like crazy. The kid was huge at only 1 month! I still can't get over Jack Jack Attack that was hilarious.

Seriously what is up with that crazy dream? I do stuff like that all the time! I miss you so much and hope you have a blast in Cali take tons of pictures and you're in our prayers that Jackson sleeps the WHOLE flight!

Monica said...

Thanks for the update! Seems like things are going so great! He's growing soooo fast!

And yeah... what's up with the dream??? lol

Love you!

JenRN said...

i am laughing even harder after i read this again - 20 something? I was obviously still dreaming! LOL! Let's move up to 30 something!!! I crack myself up!!!

mandy said...

I am so glad that Jackson has moved out of the colicky stage and into the laughing stage. I think every stage is just more and more fun.