Saturday, May 2, 2009

Leave for Cali Today!!

So, my little man wakes up with so much joy in his heart, it spills over to his attitude and he is nothing but laughter and smiles... we were just getting dressed for the day, when he started really, really laughing and smiling. I quickly grabbed the camera for a few candid shots and I swear this would be the perfect laughter shot if he didn't have all the goop in his left eye (still suffering the clogged tar duct thing and having lots of eye buggers in the morning) and if he didn't have the faintest bugger out of his left nostril and the self-inflicted scratch on his nose... but, who is perfect, right? (I did finally get his finger and toe nails trimmed last night after daddy rocking him ni-night). He is still to cute and full of sunshine! He is teething up a storm and we have drool and snot all the time now! He is such a boy! Laughing. As you can tell by the picture, he is one very happy little guy. His favorite-est things this month are: playing in the exer-sauce, making music happen on any toy that will make music, being outside - oh, how he LOVE to be outside (rain or shine), and watching/listening to musical shows on TV - like the Owl singing on Winnie-the-Pooh or the Wiggles... he gets so excited when music happens!

My big guy is home for the weekend... taking his girlfriend, Hannah to her prom tonight. I can't wait to see the pictures... her dress is very gorgeous and red... Jake is wearing black on black tux/shirt, with red/black paisley vest. The corsage is so beautiful... red roses and orchids... I really am happy for them. Jake gets out of school this week and gets to move back home for summer. He already got his old job back at Lifetime Fitness, working in member services, front desk. He will be working and taking Trig at the local community college this summer. I don't envy his schedule. The good thing is, he and Hannah will have the summer together... looking forward to vacation!

Jeff left for Sacramento this morning to visit our dear friend, John Wadden, before working in Northern and Southern CA all week. On Thursday we will celebrate 21 years of wedded-bliss... and at least we will be together for a date on Thursday night. Auntie Kellie has volunteered to babysit and he loves his Auntie Kellie! I am also excited for Jessica to meet Jackson... I just know she is going to LOVE him!!! He is so outgoing and fun to be around... I will try to blog while on vacation and see if I can update along the way... its going to be a very fun and (hopefully) relaxing week for the both of us. We need a stress reducer for sure!

...and just to update you, on Thursday last week we brought Dad home from the hospital with a hospital bed and wheelchair and we will be rehabilitating him at home. Mom is doing a great job so far, being Nurse Ratchet... and Dad has been likened to Archie Bunker already and I will say, as hard as the work is and as stressful... it is also humorous and rewarding. Dad is doing better already: appetite back, standing, transferring on his own... I bet he even starts walking a bit before I get home from Cali! I can't wait to see how he progresses with his home physical therapy and the home health nurse checking in on his twice while I am gone. Thanks to an amazing team of caregivers for allowing me to step away: Cheri, Shelley, Jaime, Cynthia, and of course, AMAZING Mom!

Gotta finish packing for Jackson's first airplane ride... all the way to California! He is gong First Class... in case you were wondering!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh Jen I just LOVE this photo! I can see so much of both of your other kids in him, but this smile just screams Jacque to me. I just said "wow" when I saw it. Hope you have a blast in Cali and congrats on 21 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Leah said...

Gosh Jackson is so cute you better be glad I don't live near you I'd kidnap him all the time! Congrats on 21 wonderful years!!

I am so glad your father in law is doing well and I can't wait to see pictures of Jake and his girlfriend! I bet they both looked great!

mandy said...

I peeked at their prom pictures on facebook and they looked so adorable. I loved Hannah's dress. This picture of Jackson is so sweet!