Wednesday, May 27, 2009

reflections on ...


What exactly is appropriate to blog? Are there topics that are off limits? Things that you aren't allowed to talk about? People that you aren't supposed to mention when you are blogging? I have had some interesting familial developments and I can't help but wonder if there are some things you just aren't supposed to say... maybe because it will cause some discomfort among readers? Maybe because when you put it out there, you can't take it back? I am not sure. Are you allowed to disclose problems in your family? Is it permissible to talk about abuses of any kind? Is it OK to tell your side of any story, knowing there is another side that may not agree with your side? Can I regurgitate frustrations and disappointments without sounding like a total maniac? Is there a way to blog all those things without causing massive amount of waves that will forever rock the boat of life? I mean what do you do exactly, when you feel you have something more to say on a subject that may be negative, when you are used to blogging only the positive? Really, feedback would be totally appreciated!

Now that I have regurgitated that mess... moving onward and upward! There will be a happier blog to follow with awesome photos of my sons... Where does the time go?
On a lighter note, we are still in OK and those feet are (obviously) Jackson's with his new John Deere Camo (soft-soled) boots, courtesy of his Daddy, purchased at Atwoods... can I just say... How hick can you get in one week??? They are super cute, though and he will be wearing them all summer with his (very non-hick) summer short outfits. I love something that brings a great smile to my day and these boots did it!!
Speaking of smiling... I went with Ria antique shopping in Kansas (yes, the state) yesterday... tons of fun for a girls morning out... we are less than 20 miles to the Kansas border and we were able to add another state to the lengthening lists of places traveled for Jackson... tomorrow we fly out of Tulsa back to Houston... YAY!
I am going home to Texas tomorrow and really, really looking forward to it... I miss my bed. But, spending time with Steve & Ria has been tons of fun. They are such a loving family and we really appreciate them letting us crash and take over their guest room ... ad really the hole house with all the baby stuff! It has been so amazing to have Jeff & Jackson spend oodles of time together... we all needed this so bad!
And just one more thing to add: Jeff has a phone interview for a position in Houston this morning... we would appreciate all the prayers we can get! Two years of living apart is quite enough!! Very serious hopes and prayers for our family to be back together full time... this commuter thing to and from Houston and Bartlesville is so hard: emotionally and financially!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I think you can blog about whatever you want to talk about. I consider my blog a gateway to closer friends and family and a personal journal!

LOVE the shoes and I hope everything goes well with the interview you are in our prayers! love you!

mandy said...

I always try to remember that my blog can be read by whoever and it is a permanent thing. I try to be sensitive to others feelings and not post things that they may not want out there for the whole world to read. That being said, if there are things that are directly affecting me and that could be written in a way that I would feel good about whoever reading it, then I would do it.

Good luck with the interview! I hope it works out for the best.

Monica said...

ok I'm behind in posting. sorry. I think that you can say what you want in constructive manner without being too confontational, but as Mandy said, always think about what you put in writing. I look forward to reading about whatever you want to post about. bring it on!

PS. LOVE the shoes!