Saturday, May 16, 2009

random thoughts on my men...

It has been forever since I felt like I had a "normal" life. But, that is how it goes in my world and I am not complaining. To say that my life is busy is an understatement, but don't we just continue to make the time and prioritize and reevaluate those things that come up that we may value more... I am reflecting on Dad and his recent illness... the long struggle since mid-March to get him better. Of course, he is improving and each small step is something I cherish... How Jeff and I have been living in two different states for over two years now and he continues to commute home to see me and Jackson every weekend, regardless of time and expense, accommodations are made.... How Jake has completed his freshman year of college (this semester earning 4 B's and 1 A in 16 units... Go Jake! I know, brag, brag, brag!!!)... and how my littlest man, Jackson changes every single day, discovering the world around him and I stand by in awe of the majesty of it all. Family is something I value above all else... something instilled in my soul and it makes up the fabric of my being... We all have struggles and our family is not exempt from that... although we do try to make the very best of it all... I am so glad it is "Friday night," even though the clock is way after midnight here and I am still awake... knowing Jeff will be home from OK any minute (10 hour drive)... Jake is home from college for the summer (except his job at the gym and taking a math class at the local community college to get ahead) and getting to spend so much time with his remarkable GF, Hannah... and lil Jackson (still in the co sleeper in my room), snoozing and breathing next to me (music to my ears) and just grateful for what I do have and the amazing men in my life: Jeff, Jake, Jackson, and Dad! You all amaze me! I am blessed....

3 comments:

Monica said...

I just absolutely love that photo. I know what you mean about the men in your life. boys are amazing aren't they?

mandy said...

I agree about that picture--beautiful! What a great semester for Jake. Have fun having him home for the summer!

Leah said...

Gosh you two are just beautiful! I love that picture SOO much!