Wednesday, February 25, 2009

aoption update

We were able to assemble all our letters of recommend as requested by the court. Mucho thanks go out to those of you who wrote the most amazing letters... after reading them, I totally want to be friends with Jeff & I and be part of our family... who knew we were so awesome? We also had our home study done by the court appointed representative. She came out to the house first thing Monday morning and asked us like a billion questions... all very personal of course, she toured the house and she left Jeff & I with the impression that all would be good in her report. The next steps you ask: waiting for the birth certificate to come in the mail so we can supply it, verification of employment (apparently you have to be working if you want to adopt your own child, but not if you can have your own)... and the ad lid em appointed to represent Jackson should be contacting us to also interview us an tour our home. Can't wait to see who represents him.... shouldn't that be a mom's job? I mean, who else has his BEST INTEREST at heart, besides his MAMA???? So, that is the update... then, we get to wait six months... why the wait you ask? have no idea! You would think the judge would waive that waiting period since we are adopting our own biological son... (see photo above of Big Brother Jake and his mini-me, Jackson).

3 comments:

Leah said...

Can I just first off say I think the whole thing is ridiculous! Texas laws are so STUPID! I wish I could just smack them all I'm glad things are gong well but I wish you guys didn't have to go through this!

mandy said...

So many hoops! Yuck. On a happier note--that picture is awesome.

Monica said...

wow. i feel a story coming. you should call a reporter to get them to write a story about the ridiculous things you have to do to get your name on your own child's birth certificate. Has Texas never had a surrogate mom before?? Geez.. only in the south...