Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jackson is 4 weeks!

Yesterday marked Jackson being 4 weeks old. We celebrated by running errands all day! Among the errands were a trip to the attorney's office in downtown Houston and getting my fingerprints done for the court. I will have to write more about that later.

Last night was the best... Jackson's God Mommy, Shelley, came to the rescue to sleep over and do the middle of the night wake up calls so I could get some much needed sleep! I was starting to wear down ... being the solo parent during the week can be so hard... rewarding, though... each day is filled with such joy and amazement at this little life... Jackson is too much fun! We visited Auntie Jaime's work yesterday and the staff there got a chance to see Jackson and meet the little miracle that Jaime worked so hard to deliver to us... it was fun for us to show our little man off.

Jake came home today... a bit early because tomorrow he is leaving for Louisiana to go to Mardi Gras with Hannah and her family. He is going to have a great time. Mardi Gras is so much fun...

We also got a great gift in the mail from Colin today... Colin must've seen the UT camo blanket that Carol got for Jackson in a few photos and was feeling a little jealous... so, in the mailbox Jackson got a great OU gift... thanks Colin, our fav OU student!!! (Even though I know its revenge and Jake says the OU one might have to used instead of wipies....????) Don't worry Colin, I won't let that happen and we are equal opportunity college football watchers!


2 comments:

Monica said...

WOW 4 weeks already??? That is hard to believe! He is so awesome!

Love you!

Leah said...

I seriously can't believe he is already 4 weeks either! Gosh time flies by fast. And I dunno I think I'm gonna have to agree with Jake.. UT all the way!