Monday, February 9, 2009

Swing


So, we finally broke down and got the baby swing... but Jackson isn't too sure of the whole thing. Even if we put him in that contraption while sleeping, he quickly furrows his brow and looks so angry. It has only lasted up to five minutes so far. But, I keep trying convinced that he will learn to love it... who doesn't love to swing? I mean, experts in childcare swear that it can take up to 10 times tasting a food before children begin to like it and that persistence pays off in a big way. So, when in doubt try, try again. So, I keep trying this swing. Today I even put the music on for him... a medley of sugarplum fairies and lullabies. It is a little on the disruptive side to the Oprah show playing in the background, but I am a GIVER! (Laughing)... We had professional photos done yesterday with Alisa Murray. (www.alisamurray.com to see her galleries). She is an amazing photographer and this was our second time to have a day with her. It is really an all day event to have photos done with Alisa. She treats you like part of the family and just loves the babies. We did the newborn photos, most of which were naked for little Jackson and I was christened four - count it - four time by being tinkled on. Poppie only got it once and everyone else steered clear of the hose... Four times I was wearing baby pee pee. We got some amazing shots of Jackson and my favorites are Jake with Jackson, too. Our birth announcements were ordered and will be in the mail soon so make sure I have your home address if you expect to get one... We had all day with baby bonding and baby love and at the end Jackson, as well as the rest of us, were completely wiped out! If anyone (in Texas) wants a great portrait experience, go to Auntie Alisa, she is the best and really does have a gift from God to do what she does. The experience if first class all the way, you won't regret it. Poor Jackson was so tired, he had a very restless night... not good for Jeff and I. Jeff returned to work in OK this morning and Jackson and I miss him already. Can't wait for Friday!

4 comments:

mandy said...

What a funny picture! I hope he starts liking his swing. It is always a sanity saver for me. I can't wait to see your announcements!

Leah said...

I love swing and I honestly swear by them, I they're amazing and couldn't live without them!! I loved them so much I had to buy two! hehe And I CAN'T WAIT to see these newborn pics I am way excited!

Oh and I love dobies!! I grew up with them and John had one when we met! (probably a reason why I met him lol!) The one we are buying is from the breeder we bought his last one from.. they're such good dogs! Maybe you met a mean one?

Monica said...

I can't wait to see those photos. I do hope you'll share!!!

heather said...

I can't wait to see the pics! Is this the same photographer that took the pictures of the baby belly and all your hands? That was a cool shot.