Saturday, March 28, 2009

Busy Week

We have spent the last week between the hospital and the rehab center because Jeff's Dad had taken a fall two weeks ago Monday. To describe the level of exhaustion, there just aren't enough words that describe that kind of tired. I have to tell you, there was a lot to worry about for a while and I know it was taking its toll on my physically and emotionally. I am grateful Jeff's brother Josh came out to help... I don't know what I would've done without him! Seriously, taking care of my new baby as a single mom while Jeff is in OK working and then having Dad be so sick and disabled... I was beside myself. It isn't my story to tell, but I will share that my worries were compounded each day with hallucinations, collapsing lungs from immobility, intense unbelievable pain, weakness to the point of being unable to stand without assistance, and bowel issues... My prayers were "can't something go right?" Eventually dad did improve enough to go to the rehab hospital and they are treating him well there... he is actually improving and working with speech, physical and occupational therapy every day... he will get t come home in no time and we will be so happy for that! In between all of that, Jeff's back "went out" and he spent a week going to the chiropractor and taking darvocet just to get out of bed... then the next weekend, Jake's back "went out" from too much strain on his mission trip to Jamaica... seriously, what is with the competition between the Endresen men! Jackson and I haven't made it to our beds before 11pm each night and I am totally afraid he has completely changed his schedule: for instance it is 840 am and the little guys is still sleeping... its like having a teenager already!


On a lighter note, I am decorated for Easter now. YAHOO! It took me forever to get that stuff up, mainly because I haven't been home. Glad it is now... we even put some time on the schedule to start the cooking next weekend... YAY! I am so excited for that. Even though I am not Polish by heritage, it is one of my favorite traditions that I married into. Just to clarify, no Jeff isn't Polish either, but he has awesome extended family that is and we just LOVE being together as a family, celebrating the day: egg hunts, skits, fattening food with tons of sour cream, homemade bread, stories and laughter and kids and it is just so fun to celebrate and honor our risen Lord with a family party! We have grown to love sharing in this tradition and it will be our third year hosting... we do it in Jacque's memory. She loved a god Polish Easter and we are blessed to continue in the tradition that Jacque and Uncle Du LOVED!

I am ready for some happier times... starting TODAY!!! The photo above is a bath during jack jack attack time and he is staring me down! It was hysterical. He did not want to get out... this boy loves being naked and in water! Can't wait for summer!

2 comments:

mandy said...

I am glad that things are going better for you and for your father-in-law this week! You are a trooper and I hope things continue to improve. I love your Easter decorations!

Leah said...

I was reading about you're father in law on your facebook and was so worried I've been waiting to hear what was going on! Yay for easter decorating I haven't even done any yet. I love Jackson's picture he's os cute!