Monday, March 30, 2009

morning naps

This is the second morning in a row of morning nap in the SWING! Yes, the swing! After 10 weeks of life, my son will finally tolerate the swing for about 5-10 minutes after his morning bottle, which is just long enough for him to fall asleep in it! YAY! Ok, seriously... this is a blessing. Not only do I get to have breakfast now, but I can BLOG, read email, clean the kitchen, and all kinds of great routine-like morning activities that I have been missing. This is simply amazing and demonstrative of perseverance... I didn't give up and FINALLY I have succeeded and he (somewhat) tolerates and may even be secretly enjoying his swing! SShhhh, don't tell him. The photo above shows play time on the activity center on the floor... he loves being on his tummy, but it is so hard to get cute photos of him laying that way. He really is "talking" and babbling a lot lately and the intense amounts of drool have started... which leads me to believe w may be getting closer to teething... that is hard to believe because my other two kids were so late on teeth, but everyone is different. I am really looking forward to next week: Jeff's sister, Kellie, and her two boys will be here for the whole week, Leah & Alex are going to visit us from Utah (YAY), and Easter is around the corner... I get to start baking the homemade wheat bread (recipe courtesy of Auntie Di in Cali)... and the Galumpkies (stuffed cabbage rolls) in tomato sauce, too because we can freeze and thaw later.... I love me some Polish Easter and it is coming! Spring is here... and every change of the seasons makes me miss Jacque... but feeling more peace as we approach the three year mark (which we will be remembering in Yosemite in July this year for her Angel Day)! So much to do before then....

2 comments:

mandy said...

I feel so happy for you! Naps in the swing are the best. I wish we could be there for your Easter celebration. We are very boring with our ham and potatoes.

Janelle said...

I hear you are coming to Cali. When? I'd love to see you and my new little second cousin. Let me know. Love you!