Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dear Jaime




Dear Jaime,
I know I am about to say that there are no words that really describe the true depth and emotion of my feelings about this journey we have taken together, that the words I will give you only touch the surface of my love and gratitude. You are one of the most giving and generous people I have ever had the privilege of knowing and loving. I am in awe and constantly amazed when I look at my miracle son, how you could make such a huge sacrifice of your body, your time, your heart, your life, for Jeff & I to be blessed with such a darling little baby.


I honestly feel that the ability to do the surrogacy is a gift from God, a discovered talent. It takes a very special woman to be able to go the journey and provide the greatest gift: life. You, my darling sister, have been given that gift. Watching your pregnancy and sharing in the special events and moments made the last year so magical and pleasurable. What a real blessing you are in our lives.


Who would’ve guessed that six year old darling little girl I met when I was marrying your brother, with the longest hair ever, would grow up to be one of my best friends, not only my sister in marriage, but in love. My memories of you are long and go deep: cornrows in your hair, first boyfriends, first girl friends, changes and growing up… it is a journey I will always be grateful to God for. I recall the day you came to me with this fabulous idea… I remember the suffering through the shots and medication, especially the suppositories, YUK! The things you had to experience to get pregnant and stay that way! Oh MY! What a trooper you are.
Being in the delivery room and watching your struggle with labor and the amazing and miraculous birth of our son is something that will stay burned in my memory forever. Your ability to have a child is something that I am in awe of. You are truly amazing! You did a fabulous job and Jackson is just perfect. This reflection on my gratitude is just the tip of the surface! I love to watch you with him, snuggling and loving on your nephew that, without you, would not be a reality. That is so powerful and I am filled with such pride and love when I watch you kiss my son!


I know you have received other thank you’s, from me as well as other family and friends… but I promise you no one has more thankfulness, gratitude, and love for you and what you have given our family: another chance at love. Babies and children, in general, fill the world with such profound joys. For us, knowing the depths of sadness and Hell with the loss of a child, we appreciate the sweetness and fragility of this human life entrusted to us. I know that this journey included Jacque in so many ways and it still does. For you and I will always share that magical bond of ushering in Jackson’s sweet spirit in his sister’s memory.


Tears sting my eyes as I write this: Thank you… thank you for Jackson, for your love, for your amazing spirit, thank you for your passion, thank you for your uniqueness… I just love you Jaime (even before all this). You are my hero… I don’t use that word lightly, really you are my HERO! I love you (MORE) and thank you (again) from my whole heart.
Xoxo Jen (Jeff, Jake & Jackson, too)

3 comments:

mandy said...

Such a nice tribute to a great person!

Monica said...

This should be in a Chicken Soup book or something. it is VERY well written Jen.

heather said...

What an amazing, selfless person. If only we could all be so generous.