Thursday, March 27, 2008

baby names and more


Well, another great day starting with a hormonal headache! Did I mention how horrific birth control pills have been on me? An instant weight gain of 5# and more... my face is broken out like a prepubescent teen... and I have this horrible headache almost daily. Yet, I know it will all be worth it... Jaime and I watched the DVD from Dr. K's office the other night and all the injections we have to look forward to are overwhelming. I laughed as I get the most shots - and all Jaime has to do is carry the baby for 40 weeks and give birth - LOL!

Did I mention how absolutely excited I am to have another baby? Who would've thought that after 20 years of marriage we would be considering starting a (second) family? I used to think how awesome it would be when I was 38 and both kids were in college and Jeff and I alone... now I recognize that was silly, with as much as we love kids and love to do things with kids.... It is still so far off, but not really... it will be here before we know it. The last year and eight months has gone by in a blink (in hindsight)... so much grief work and growth... who would've known.

I am so blessed... I say that all the time, but it hits me at my core, as I am really blessed by God for the people and support I have in my life. My friends and family are exceptional and without them, I wouldn't have made it to where I am today. They have been there to hold me and clean me up - both physically and spiritually. I know that without them I wouldn't be where I am now... a healing, more complete person. I know that all those friends are excited for us and ready for some joy in our journey.

We have picked out baby names and even though most people choose not to disclose them too early, we are all over it... we have them! If it is a boy (which Jeff says he wants, even though I told him little girls can hunt and fish and drive pick up trucks, too, LOL): Jackson James. Each name has a story and the explanation for this is touching for us. Jacque wanted to name her first little boy Jackson and we honor her by choosing this "J" name, also with the name Jack buried in there, it reminds us of Jacque - cause as most of you know, we called her Jack all the time! Anyway, I digress... James is named after Jeff's dad, Jim and it is also Josh's middle name, so we get to name Jackson James after two important men in Jeff's family. And then,we will likely call him JJ, which was Jacque's pet name for Jaime, our surro-angel and baby-mama (LOL). In that one little boy name of Jackson James Endresen, we have named our potential future son after four important, valued, and respected members of our family. That is just amazing. I do mean amazing. OK, for those CRAZY, LOCO sisters who keep thinking TWINS (God willing we survive those prayers - quit it sisters!!!!) - our second boy name is Jayce Evan... Jayce has no official meaning, but Evan is Jeff's middle name and he is named for his grandparents: Mary and Cleo Evans. So, more family significance. But, since I know God would never give me twin boys, I just know it.... that will never happen and we don't have to worry.... LOl!

Onto the more important girl names (as everyone knows I prefer raising girls to raising boys... less bugs, less amphibians, less yucky stuff for sure, at least most of the time)... Jaynah Lis - Jayna has no familial significance, but Lis is french for lily, which was Jacque's favorite flower. We have had many debates over the middle name, Jeff prefers Nicole, which was what Jacque planned on naming her first daughter (after Nick Hannes, of course)... so we may end up with some combination like Jaynah Lis Nicole Endresen. Our back up name is Jillienne Nicole... If Jake had been a girl, we would have named him Jillienne - then we would've had a Jacque and a Jilli, but Jake was a boy and s the name has been dormant for almost 18 years.... As you can see by the names, we are trying to honor our beloved Jacque, as well as a few others.... we are hopeful and prayerful for the best outcomes.

As much as I love to write, I could be on this blog all day, but I have to get to work... have a great day and as you all get caught up on all the details, I will hopefully have shorter updates. Love ya! XOXO

1 comments:

kellie said...

Again. . . the excitement overwhelms me on a daily basis! Some days I just can't contain it. The names are BEAUTIFUL as I've already told you. There would be absolutely nothing wrong with twins. In fact, I'll even work on the specifics in my prayer. . . a boy and a girl, one for each of you. lol I love you all so very much! Love, Auntie Kellie