Friday, March 28, 2008

nursery painting


Cheri has done such a great job painting the nursery. We used this newer low VOC paint from home depot, "Fresh Air." The color is 'radiant sun,' a soft, creamy pale yellow. More cream than yllow at the store, a little more yellow than cream at home. So me... It looks so great with bright white trim, which Cheri is finishing up in this photo today. How lucky am I to have such great friends that will volunteer their time to come to my house and labor to make things wonderful for me.
#1 - No one paints as great as Cheri does... I mean no one. She always takes her time, has such an eye for detail, and truly has a passion for this. Even though she has a latex allergy, which makes her swell and break out in hives every time she paints - she should have her gloves on, but NO! She forgot them.... she will be in the benadryl tonight for sure. Cheri and I have known each other since high school and she has always been very close to me heart. We have been through so any ups and downs together... I am so very, very blessed to have her in my life - and not just because she is a fantastic and dedicated painter, but more because she is such a loving and kind spirit. She brings the warmth I need to this project and has refused to let me pay her, which I totally want to do... but, she wants to do this for me and our future baby.... we were even talking about the bedding and she is volunteering to do some sewing in this department.... so maybe we will have custom bedding.... who knows! Anyway, she is such a great friend, I am touched by this physical showing of love and dedication. I would have never expected this act of kindness, I really thought I would be painting after work and on the weekends to get this done. Now, with all her hard work, Jeff and I are going to be able to carpet shop tomorrow instead of paint. And now that we are started, Jake's room is getting painted next. The same color and the same trim color - he is color blind anyway, do you think he will notice the hit of yellow? LOL! Besides, he is moving out this summer and going to college. I think a 17 year old guy should be comfortable enough with himself to have a yellow room his senior year, don't you? LOL! Sending out great big hugs and thanks to my dear Cheri for doing this for me (us)... blessed is an understatement. XOXO

0 comments: