Sunday, April 20, 2008

the aftermath

WOW! What a weekend... Jaime started her Estrace and can I just say, watch out. She is an emotional mess, crying and crying ad then there is the hysterical laughter. We are too funny. Our stay with Josh and Jess has been a blessing. They have the most comfortable guest bed and it has been so fun spending time with them, getting to see Jeff, and all of us being together. That is an awesome way to spend time.

Kellie's 40th surprise party was a total hit and she had a great time... as expected, there were tears. We are a tearful group. What a lot of fun for me, seeing so many of Kellie's friends and family I haven't seen in ages. Sandy has a gorgeous house and it was the perfect location for a party. Kellie was shocked and she was so happy. My sister looks awesome!

There was a lot of talk about the baby and the anticipated pregnancy. So many in the group are up to speed on the blog. It's a fun way to talk about what is going on in our lives. So, last night Jaime and I are getting our make-up on and OOPS, look at the time. It was time for shots. So, there we were in Josh's guest bathroom, needles in hand, shooting up Lupron before the big party. Then, poor Jaime had to be taking that Estrace - which totally makes her a hormonal mess... we were laughing about the party and talking about the hormones. What a site!

At the party, while Jaime and were dancing I told her I was gonna take her dancing when she is pregnant and worship her belly on the dance floor - she said she as gonna through her hands in the air and arch her belly out and let me! We laughed hysterically. She is so ready to be prgo and HUGE and I am so ready to have the bay here already! We are just so very, very blessed to have each other and this totally amazing family that we have.

All the siblings were together for the first time in almost two years. We haven't been all at the same place since Jacque's funeral. And we haven't been together for a good time since Thanksgiving 2005. No parental guidance, just the kids laughing and dancing and having a great time. Even Josh and Scott were on the dance floor... and Kellie - thanks for the early 80's style slow dance.. it's been a long time since I have danced like that! It was so fun all of us together - I just can't say enough how much Kellie deserved for this to happen in honor of her and her 40th birthday (did I mention how I love being the youngest sister of the older sibling group) - I mean, Josh, Jess, and Jaime are younger now... but I am still at the tail end of the OLDER ones! LOL!

0 comments: