Wednesday, April 23, 2008

tears of joy

My first morning as an unemployed nurse.... Gratitude fills my soul for this blessed opportunity to stay home and explore myself, monitor the changes at the house, and be available for the end of Jake's senior year... Although, as predicted, I did not sleep in... I was up long before 6am... but like Mom on Fridays, I am drinking coffee, surfing the web, checking email, doing My Space, and just enjoying this warm late spring morning. I have lots to do and I plan to make my list this morning and check it off as I go. Keep goals and focused on what I want to add to my new/rekindled career as stay-at-home mom will help me.

Jaime said it all about our trip to CA for Kellie's surprise party. I have always thought us overly blessed in the family department. We have such wonderful parents - my 5 other brothers and sisters and I (laughing, that one was for Dad)... What an awesome opportunity to bond, be together without the parental figures, and just be who we are... but together. There were many tears and way so much laughter. I have the most amazing sisters in the world: Thank you to each one of you for the role you play in my life and for all you do for your family... you are all amazing. It is so great we get to be together again next month for Jake's graduation... it is coming so fast.

I am working diligently trying to reassemble the house. Maybe a week or so and things will be back to normal. Joseph is moving out of the pool house today - lots of cleaning for me - then, Jake moves into the pool house. That is going to be such a great thing for him. I am excited for his independence and his growth. He makes me so proud every single day. Not long now until the kitchen will be completely torn out. We made some final decisions on the tile flooring and the cabinetry yesterday - so today, the orders go out. OMG - this is so close and so real! It is great.

Baby's room is ready for furniture. But, we are waiting. I think we will put the blow up mattress in there for company in May... well, at least for now. I don't want to buy furniture before we have a positive pregnancy test and maybe well into the second trimester of the pregnancy. Call me superstitious!

I miss Jeff and I am glad he is coming home tonight.... I mean, it is so hard without him here. I start my second shot tomorrow of the FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) - follistem. I can't wait to see what this additional drug will do to me. Just 13 more days until the projected egg retrieval date. I have my first ultrasound and blood work tomorrow morning and Jeff meets his urologist and we order our back-up sperm. This is amazing. Who can quantify all these emotions...??? More to come....

0 comments: