Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sperm Bank

So, who would've guessed I would spend an entire evening shopping for sperm donors on the web? Not me, that is for sure! Since Jeff had a vasectomy in 1990, our method for this pregnancy is dependent on a needle aspiration procedure, but there are no guarantees that he still actually produces sperm... Dr. K recommends that we have a sperm donor as a back up, so when the eggs are ready in the dish, if Jeff doesn't have any sperm... we will have that insurance policy for fertilization. Of course, we are very optimistic that Jeff is still producing the sperm, there is no reason to think otherwise. We are very, very confident that the child will be ours genetically, this is like our insurance policy to promise us fertilization - again, hoping that the eggs will be healthy, too.... there is a lot that can go wrong, as we are reminded with each step we take. We pray that things will go well and that God will bless us with a healthy child... I have to take this time and pray...

Dear Heavenly Father.... I am so very blessed by Your many, many gifts. For all those blessings, I am eternally grateful and thankful. Glory to You for all that I have and all that I am! I sincerely pray for Your will to be done, that You see fit, in Your infinite wisdom, to bless Jeff and I with a healthy child, of our own genetic descent. That the fertility treatments will be successful, that the pregnancy will be healthy and a joyous time of wonder and love for Jaime, as well as Jeff and I. That we will all grow in Your love for us, our love for You, and our love or each other. Again, my life has been so blessed and I am so very thankful for each of those blessings bestowed upon me and my family... I pray for the healthy delivery of our child... In Jesus' name.... Amen.

Really, what more could we ask for... a healthy child and a positive outcome from all this work and effort! So anyway, I have found a donor I like... I wish I would share info.... but, I can't. Just know he is a match to what we need - similar coloring and build to Jeff, and a positive profile. I hope we don't have to use him.... and that all is well with all the pieces of Jeff and I. And that I have to have three choices... my #1, #2 and #3 are selected and saved... let's hope they are still available when it comes time to order them....

I still have to get out and pick out the carpet. I am really getting behind. It almost time to get the invitations for Jake's graduation party... my baby is about to graduate high school, I can hardly believe it has been that long... Time moves along... that is for sure! Better run... more sperm hunting to do and forms to complete and OMG -there is just so much to do... 5 days until Jaime starts her injections of Lupron.... and No, Mandy - she can't have them in her Heine!!! LOL!

0 comments: