Saturday, April 26, 2008

more shots

Yesterday i started the FSH in addition to the Lupron last night. Jake gave me another subcutaneous (below the skin, but not in the muscle) injection, we added the location of my left thigh to the right arm injection last night. Tonight, Cheri injected my right leg and left arm. I am a great big pin cushion and hormonal emotional mess. I am so short tempered... it is a challenge. I keep thinking, jest another two weeks - just another 10 days. I am trying to fight emotions that continue to tug at my heart and I am missing Jacque... not more than usual, just for different reasons. Like, Jake went to Meghan's prom tonight for Katy High School. It was nostalgic for me and quite sad that I didn't have that with my Jack! Not that Jacque missed prom, but as the mom of a daughter, I missed prom. Watching all the mom's with their young ladies, the updo's, the glitter, and all the trimmings... it brought tears to my eyes several times. Jake looked so handsome: black tux, black shirt, black vest and white long tie. He looked like such a hottie... and his girlfriend... she is so pretty. She looked like a doll tonight - all in black with lots of sequins and sexy shoes. They were a dashing couple. Her hair was in an updo with dangling sparkles and rhinestones. They looked so great and I am so happy for the fun they will be having tonight eating at sexy Sambuca's in Houston and going to the prom, then to the Galveston beach house or the night. They are planning to have a great time and yes, in the midst of all this excitement, happiness, and sparkles - I missed my Jacque. I missed her more than I can quantify. Which brings me back to the hormones. I am so much more erratic and my tolerance is in the toilet. 10 more days - I can do his, the rewards will be great. This is just a short time of suffering... Jeff is out of town - hunting and fishing in Florida... I am just laughing, he keeps sending me the most adorable text messages like Jeff 3 Hogs 0... then, he went fishing today in some lake with alligators (I mean, he IS in Florida)... he caught two fish, one was a big mouth bass he said... whatever that means. But, he is doing testosterone producing things, that is for sure. I can hardly wait for him to come home Monday night... I miss him a lot! I have a busy week, but Cheri and I are still trying to wrap up the odds and ends of the guest room. Half the list of to do's are done: I was an electrical genius today changing outlets and switches and I even helped Cheri install a ceiling fan, well, we did it together. New phone jack, caulking, painting, hanging of the blinds.... the baby's room in wrapped up - even the door stops are in... We have been trying to pull it together before they demolish my kitchen this week. We have so much to do in this house to get ready for the baby. It is coming together nicely.... as the 80's move out of this house and it gets updated with a more transitional look: the modern side of me and the very traditional side of Jeff. It should be amazing when complete... but that will be at least a year for it all come together completely. I have also been working on getting Jake's graduation announcements addressed... my hands are sore. I loved my call from Kellie today after she went to a baby shower for a little girl named Elle - it made her wish for a Jaynah and I couldn't agree more. This boy stuff can be yucky at times. However, I know I will be just as happy with a boy - like, duh - I totally love football and I have raised the most amazing young man EVER. So, I have to stop rambling and head off to bed. We have a very busy day tomorrow, but I am taking time to go see Baby Mama with Jaime, Alysha, and Mom. This should be hysterical! XOXO

1 comments:

kellie said...

The days are going by so fast. I can't believe it's almost time for the "egg retrieval". I'm sure it may be going a little slower on your end what with the hormones and shots :) My heart is with you through all of this "end of the year" high school stuff. I know you are so happy to see where Jake is at this time in his life but I also can feel your heartache at the same time. This will always be a bittersweet time for you no matter what. I miss Jacque so much too. Especially through all of this. She would be so excited, wouldn't she? Although, if she were here, how things would be so different. . . just some thoughts through tears this morning!! I love you immensely and can't wait to see who God brings to our lives!