Monday, April 7, 2008

Bring on the hormones...I'm ready!!!




Well last night began the first of many fun filled nights of injecting myself with hormones!! Well technically I will not be injecting myself!! No way!! The thought of jabbing myself with a needle...oh lord...yep...making me sick!! Yes I know it's just an itty bitty needle...nope don't care!! So anyway, I will not be doing this to myself. Last night I brought Alysha over to learn how to give me my shot for whenever I'm with her...I think she is just as nervous to give me the shot as I am to receive it!! Mom was there as well...to give me my shots when I'm home. Mandy is coming over tonight to learn as well. This is my shot crew. I know no matter where I am, there will be someone there to give me a shot. Just guaranteeing that I will never have to give myself one.


When giving the shot, you have to pinch my fat...wherever the shot's gonna go. So everyone got to take turns pinching my fat on the back of my arm to distinguish between fat and muscle. Lucky me, I have plenty of it...fat, that is, in case you weren't sure. You gotta just love having your fat pointed out...haha. I love hearing "see what I grabbed, this is all fat here!" Such an self-esteem boost...let me tell ya! I'm just kidding...I could really care less about a little fat on the back of my arm. It was just so funny!!


So Jen gave me my first shot at about 8:30 last night. It's really not painful...it's a little poke and then, you don't feel a thing. Thank you lord! But, really, it's not about the pain that freaks me out...anyone that knows me, knows that I can deal with pain. There is just something about needles that makes me sick. That could change though...after 30 days of it! That's a lot of shots!


Now, I'm just waiting to see if these hormones are gonna make me crazy. The good thing is, Jen doesn't start hers for another week...and when she does, she will still be out in League City working. As much as I miss her in the office with me, I think that 2 hormonal women in one small office all day long...could be very dangerous!!


Welp, that's all I've got for now...


2 comments:

kellie said...

OMG. . . that was hillarious!!! I felt like I was right there with all of you pinching your fat :) That must have been hysterical!! I am so excited for you sweetheart. Very proud too. Wish I was there with ya!

JenRN said...

OMG - that is so super fnny... i almost peed myself with laughter. It was pretty funny and thank goodness your self esteem is so intact! LOL! I love you and thanks for bringing such profound joy to my life.... xoxo