Tuesday, April 29, 2008

too early, that's for sure

WOW! Well, I had another ultrasound yesterday and they counted 6 well-defined follicles (that's the little fluid-filled sacks that the eggs are in) on the left ovary... quite a few little "buds" on the right, but not quite big enough to count. I was supposed to decrease the Follistem (FSH) yesterday according to the calendar, but after the blood work... I have to keep it at the elevated amount. This is all getting quite exciting, although I totally feel like a pin cushion. It is so hard to focus on all the details at the same time. There is so much going on... how did I ever work? Laughing... I have no idea, but my stress level is totally decreased and I am loving staying home.

The kitchen is scheduled to be deconstructed (or should I say ripped apart, torn out, or destroyed) and all I can say is good-ridden to bad rubbish. I will be so glad to see the outdated cabinets and 20 year old appliances go away! The new cabinets have been ordered and the new appliances... small, functional, and totally outfitted kitchen on its way! We are so excited and the new appliances are from the Electrolux line - ok,that is a man's oven... the racks are on ball-bearings and just slide out with ease... between that and the 15,000 btu output of the stop top with boiling water in 90 seconds.... that will be great. I might even cook again (laughing).... the plumbers, painters, electricians, and tile-masters come in next week. WOW! This is going to keep me on my toes for sure!

I am wrapping up the details of the guest room - preparing for company at the end of the month. Can't wait - the room is looking so great and it should be done by Wednesday afternoon and I move onto the Master Bedroom, to wrap the details up in there. Cheri and I have been working frantically caulking, painting, electrical. There is so much - but, the walls are complete, the painting done, the new carpet in, the blinds hung.... it is coming together. Furniture moving and arranging is next. I like it so much I may have to move in there myself.

In between all that, I am busy addressing Jake's graduation announcements and he has the prom for Cinco this weekend... two proms two weekends in a row - holy smokes! That is a lot of money, time and dressing up to do! Anyway, he and Meghan will have a great time this week and I am excited for him.... graduation is just around the corner... which leads me to say I am planning a little graduation lunch on the day after and that adds to my list of to-do's and it is crazy how many details are involved for one small, catered lunch for family and close friends.

And how am I feeling you ask? Bloated! My abdomen is swelling with the eggs and this constant phase of PMS has me craving salt, chocolate and carbs something fierce, which just adds to the weight gain! One more week, then it i back on track for me! I am emotional, more teary-eyed than angry and definitely more soft hearted, prone to explosions or weepings of tears. I really wish Jacque were here to enjoy this with us. Jeff and I are both so excited and you should see Jaime - she is the happiest girl in the whole USA. She is so ready to be pregnant (so she says).

We are so blessed to have this awesome opportunity. We continue to pray for God's will (and hope that His will is to bring a happy, healthy baby into our lives) and also, I hope its a girl... Jeff is still wanting a boy. The sisters are still praying for twins (really? give me a break - do you REALIZE how old I am??? LOL). We get lots of really positive remarks from people, very few negative reactions and those are more related to Jeff's sister having his baby and such.... something strange for this part of Texas anyway.... LOL!

We officially picked our sperm donor and the precious cargo is being shipped in from CA today. It should arrive at our doctor's office on Wednesday morning. This is for back-up only and for a minute we were disappointed that he didn't more closely resemble a certain family member.... you know who that is?!?!? LOL! Anyway, we went over the details with mom and dad last night and we agreed that this guy resembled enough of Jeff's good qualities that we chose him.... grandfather that is 6'8", a mother with brown eyes, a father that matched dad's description.... a close family relationship, similar coloring. How could we go wrong?

Well, that it is for now... and I have a lot on my list today with Jeff in town for only 24 hours again before returning to OK, I have to make the most of my time. Love to all - can't wait to hear some comments, it is awfully lonely being a writer without commentary (thanks Kellie for continuing t comment)... and Mom, I love you and you rock!

XOXO

0 comments: