Sunday, May 25, 2008

"back in the day" was never a Sunday.

Here we are on our way home from Louisiana... had to get that graduation tattoo for Jake in memory of Jacque - so he could carry her with him during graduation. The things I do for my son! Anyway, we are headed to our reconstructed home that is totally not complete right now. But, the tile is mostly done and the counter top should go in this week alone with those appliances and stuff... this is going to be a horrifically busy week for us with company coming in on Friday. Rhonda has some surprises for me and I am so excited about that! (Something with Jacque's artwork and some other keepsakes)... it is definitely original. And even if it isn't perfect, it will be so much improved. Jeff and I were just discussing how much fun we had with Jake, Will and Reese in Lake Charles. Lots of laughter and teen bonding, they are such great kids - good heads on their shoulders, they have such a great future ahead of them. They all make me so proud with their decisions.... Jake's tattoo is gorgeous, he drew it himself and Dreek at The Ultimate Tattoo shop on Ryan St in Lake Charles did a fabulous job on the art and shading. It looks so detailed and so great. Of course, Jeff couldn't resist getting tattooed again... whenever we go into a tattoo parlor, he just can't leave without adding more art to his body... so he redid his fraternity tattoo (again) and Dreek did a great job. I was so tired, I slept like he dead and so did everyone else! And, it is really starting to sink it that Jaime is pregnant with our baby... I started baby supply shopping on the web... no spending, just looking and reading and researching car seats, strollers, bottles - can you believe glass bottles are back in fashion? And with all the talk of leaching plastics, it is no wonder. Organic layette, side impact safe car seats... I mean really times they have changed over the last 18 years.... since I had a baby. And safer for the environment disposable diapers... and wipes that are alcohol-free and safer for the environment. This is going to be an adventure. Good thing my new kitchen sink is roomy for bathing! LOL! As my friend and designer, Rhonda, said: you could definitely fit more than one baby bottom in there! I am so excited for Jake's graduation... and so proud of him and looking forward to the next chapter in his life. He is so great! Just the most awesome son ever... I am looking forward to having our family together, too. Even if the house isn't complete... just all being together again will be awesome. Mom and I went to Jacque's space and placed some new flowers... mom did an awesome and gorgeous arrangement for her... in colorful silk Gerber daisies... welcoming in summer and the colors of celebration. Jacque would love it... and we passed the spring tulips over to Bill. Bill looked so over-looked and we like to put stuff with him, too. It looks so beautiful out there now, the trees are maturing, the flowers are in bloom, there are some new granite benches with crape myrtles planted near Jacque... it just overwhelmed me and I was grateful to be there. I was so happy to have sunglasses on so mom didn't see my tears... I just miss her a lot and more again lately... as the two year mark approaches, I am saddened again and again. She is more on my mind lately, especially with this new baby journey. I can feel her being part of it... I can feel her all around us and yet, I can't touch her or hold her or kisses and smell her... it is so hard this week. Anyway... I had better be done with this entry before I send myself back over the edge. XOXO

1 comments:

kellie said...

well, you definitely sent me over the edge. i miss her too. . . so much. she is here watching over you and her auntie jj. she will be a shadow watching over the new little baby(ies)!!