Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturda morning... living the dream

WOW! We were at lunch at Sylvia' Enchiladas with some great friends... waiting for the call. Finally, we couldn't take it any more. So, I called Dr. K's office and put Myra and Julie on speaker. There was a long pause and THEN - the words "she is pregnant" came across loud and clear! Jaime is pregnant with our baby. It is a blessing and a miracle. I am so excited and so is Jeff. We never, ever thought that this would be happening to us and for us. We are blessed and God is so good to us. We have been through so much in the last two years and our grief journey goes on, but to have this momentous amount of joy... Miracle, Blessing, Awesome... there are several words that help describe, but none that get close to the reality of the emotions. When we decided to adopt, we never even had the dream of having our own biological child. Being told so many years ago that I couldn't even EVER consider getting pregnant or having another child. Jaime coming to us and offering, wanting to be our surrogate has opened up my world and my heart to endless possibilities and profound joys and love. I know that this is also Jaime's journey, which is parallel, but separate from mine and Jeff's. She has her own life and I am so proud of her and her decisions... she is truly maturing into this awesome young woman. Even not looking at the surrogacy she is doing FOR us and WITH us... she is just amazing. Surrogate mothers are a very special breed of women... a real Angel on Earth. Anyway... you wouldn't even guess what I am doing this morning. I got up early, loaded the truck with teenagers (Jake, Will, and Reese) and we are headed to Lake Charles, LA... BECAUSE it is legal in LA (that is Louisiana, not Los Angeles) to tattoo minors (over 16 years old) with parental consent. Laughing... it is NOT legal n TX... so, we are driving about 3 hours from home to the lovely "border" town of Lake Charles to tattoo our son for his graduation present.... because (as I have been informed) that is what all good Red Neck Mama's do for their babies when their babies graduate under the age of 18. LOL! Only me, I swear... every other teenager goes and does it behind their parents back and without approval, mine asks for my approval, for me to drive/sign/pay for the thing! I can hardly believe it myself. It is good that I am so understanding and open minded. I will say that I do approve of his selection - a cross he drew and designed himself for his left shoulder in memory of his sister. For that I am grateful... that his choice is tasteful and hidden from future job opportunities. I don't think he will ever regret this one, as most people do regret their first tattoo. So, we are leaving the city limits of Houston, headed east. And I am overjoyed and proud of my son, the graduate, my sister the surrogate, and excited about my new baby.... Love fills my heart and soul. XOXO

0 comments: