Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Houston, we have eggs and sperm!

It was a very early morning, but gratitude fills my soul for Mom getting up long before the crack of dawn to take Jeff and I to Dr. K's office for procedures. We checked in at 6am and we were excited, even without coffee. Jeff went first with the urologist, who Jeff said has a wonderful bedside manner. He was in the procedure room about 45 minutes. They were about to totally give up on finding sperm, when the Dr said to check the first aspiration sample again... and miracles of all miracles: there were "swimmers." So, they had what they needed. The Dr said it isn't enough to freeze, but more than enough for today's procedures. Several attempts have created some trauma to the area and Jeff will be sore. We were elated. That was the best news. Then, I was next. I heard tell it only took about 10-15 minutes to harvest all the eggs and follicles. I got some extra trauma s they not only went in both sides vaginally, but also through my abdomen itself. When it was all done, they counted up those healthy eggs and guess what? 17 healthy, strong, ready to be fertilized eggs. We are so blessed. Jeff is napping right now, having a hard time keeping his eyes open. I already slept for a couple of hours after coming home. Dad and Cheri are doing a great job at waiting on me and taking care of me at mom and dad's... especially since my house is under total construction. Tomorrow afternoon we should have the report that says how many fertilized and what day Jaime goes in for the embryo transfer, I can hardly wait. This is so very, very exciting. I am blessed and my prayers praise God for His mercy and love. He has certainly showered up with all that we need with this procedure. Thanks for all your prayers, we felt wrapped in them like a warm blanket on a cold night, we both had peace, no anxiety, and things went well. We will have our own genetic children... so much for trying to use sperm donors.. .LOL! Please feel free to offer your comments... we would love to hear from you! XOXO

0 comments: