Wednesday, May 14, 2008

just for today

Just for today, I am feeling so much better than yesterday. Whatever GI viral or bacterial junk that was, it was stinky! I am glad it is over. The house is coming along... we get our electrical inspection tomorrow, all the appliances arrived today except the microwave (it is still en route)... the plumber was back today to work on the "hall" bath... Dad says I can't call it "Jake's bathroom" anymore, since Jake has been relocated to the pool house for his new residence, so that we can have the added bonus of a guest room. I am excited for that with so much family coming to visit for Jake's high school graduation. This is going to be fun. The cabinets for the kitchen should've shipped from the mfr today. I hope they did... they should be installed next week. Then, those counter tops can get ordered. The flooring and painting starts Monday - whoo whoo. Anyone who has lived in their house while renovating it knows that is can be very, very complicated and messy. Since we are without a kitchen, no living area, no dining room, down one bathroom... and the only really livable rooms are the Master and the office... what a hoot! Of course, even the torn up areas shame the Master bath - LOL! It is so old and so ugly... hopefully next summer that room can get done. It will be the last one to really need it. Today, Cheri was here working on the hall, too... all the priming will be done tonight and she is a master baseboard installer... they look great. It is going to be awesome to have the hall painted and complete for the flooring to be installed early next week. I can't wait to step on some solid surfaces (other than concrete, LOL). I will be so excited to have tile flooring back. Jeff's west coast trip is getting delayed with an additional stop in LA... he hates LA, but I think it will work out to pick him up Friday morning and have some alone time... then, i get my date night with Jake tomorrow for sushi and a movie. That rocks! He has been working so much and with Jeff out of town, I feel more married to Rhonda, my designer and new found friend and Cheri, my old(not literally) and dear friend who are working with me on this house. On the agenda for tonight will surely be hanging some stuff on my bedroom walls and doing some much needed laundry. The dogs have been swimming almost all day and playing... I have been doing homework - just a few more assignments for this class to be complete. My goal is to finish this paper before bed! Tomorrow is filled with errands and getting the house and prepped as possible for Jeff's return. As always, I try to make the construction site as homey as possible - something similar to the honeymoon suite on "It's A Wonderful Life." LOL! Just wanted y'all to have an uplifting - not so sentimental update to my life and know that more goes on than emotions and baby planning and baby making! LOL! So... on and on. XOXO

0 comments: