Sunday, May 4, 2008

evening time...

i am just an hour away from taking the hcg injection that has to be done 36 hours before the retrieval. i can hardly believe it is here. i am so blessed. tomorrow i have a clear liquid diet all day, so i will be staying with dad at his house - since i don't have a kitchen and the only fridge is in jake's house...filled with condiments and stuff. there will be tons of workers at my house tomorrow: running gas lines, destroying the hall bath, starting electrical and tearing out flooring. i so need to be away from this mess and relaxed with my Popsicles. mom made us dinner tonight and that was such a blessing - we are so lucky to have such awesome parents, to cook for us and take care of us while we are without a kitchen. i have been so emotional today, tearing up about anything and everything... what a mess. between that and my very much needed three hour nap, i am still worn out. i am so filled and bloated and crampy. this is the most miserable part and i know my sisters are right in that all of this will be worth it. i am so excited, jaime will be pregnant by the end of the week. with out babies... we pray that one of the three we are planning to transfer to her much-ready womb will be healthy and our future baby. the donor (back-up plan) sperm is in the doctor's office... Jeff is ready for his "procedure" and we are so excited to have a baby. i know we keep saying that over and over, but there was a very tender moment when we were leaving Dr. K's office this morning where Jeff took my hand and raised it to his lips, then kissed it ever so sweetly, looked me in the eyes and said he was so happy and so excited. i can hardly stand it, just the thought brings tears back to my eyes. i know that God has a plan for me and i am so very, very blessed (is there another word that describes this?). mom is so happy, you can totally tell she is ready to welcome home our bundle of joy and babysit on fridays for us... dad doesn't say much, but i asked him tonight what he thought... and he said he was excited for us a all of a sudden it feels real. dad would like to have twins in our family. i reminded them all that we have twins on both sides already and we don't really have to set a standard. i agree that it feels real this week - more real than it has been. we need all the prayers we can get... we are excited, elated, blessed, prayerful, jubilant... xoxo

1 comments:

kellie said...

Tears again. . . that is a norm right now for all of us! Wow, you'd think I was taking extra hormones too the way I break down every time I think about our new "additions" to the family. My heart fills to the brim whenever I think about Jeff, Jen, Jaime, and the new little ones that are on their way. God certainly has blessed us with a beautiful future. I love you all with every fiber of my being.