Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday before the egg retrieval


So - both Wednesday and Friday I have gone to Dr K's office for ultrasounds and blood work. So far, we are right on schedule. Which means that we are on target for the egg retrieval to happen on our anniversary May 7 early in the morning. The photo shows the right ovary (top two photos)and the fluid filled follicles that hold the precious eggs. This is just one snap shot and each ovary is overloaded, I think our tech counted like 28 eggs/follicles this morning. They aren't quite mature enough yet, but they should be by Monday. The bottom ultrasound photo is of the left ovary and a few of the follicles. It is totally amazing. So, these are the first baby photos we have: a football team is in there! I am up to 3 different injections daily and getting my blood drawn three times a week. I am so sick of needles, that is for sure! LOL! In my (former) line of work, it is totally better to give than to receive! We are so excited and everyone in the family that we can think of has been told the wonderful news. We are so excited to be bringing another gorgeous spirit into our home, our hearts and our lives. Jaime also went to Dr. K today and it sounds like her uterus is ready... Go Jaime! She is even ok if its twins... she is such a great surrogate. And a great Auntie, and an awesome sister. I am so grateful for Kellie waking up at the crack of dawn (O-dark-thirty CA time)... to do three-way calling with Jaime and I to discuss the moral and ethical issues of selective reduction if we need to... and to discuss my nervous breakdown related to the hormones... I needed to have all my sisters together - (I don't think Robyn and Jess are up at 5am CA time)... I am so emotional right now and so overwhelmed with excitement. We are so happy and on target to get Jaime preg-o next week. On another note... I have no kitchen right now, totally destroyed and gutted today - and the bathroom will be, too. That is too funny! Like I don't have enough going on. Things are very smooth in my life right now (touch wood) and I hope they continue that way.... I need the peace of mind and peace in my heart. Much love is filling our world and we are so blessed - praying for a happy, healthy baby (most important) - and some time to get everything ready.... XOXO

1 comments:

kellie said...

oh my dear wonderful sisters. . . i am just so excited and so emotional and filled with so much love for these little eggs. i can't even begin to fathom how you are all feeling. the call this morning (at o dark thirty) was a wonderful way to start my friday and i would do that every single day of the week for any of my sisters, especially to talk baby-talk! you two are amazing and i love you both so very much. jen, keep those "eggs" safe and sound til next week and jaime, keep your uterus ready to receive!