Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday before the retrieval...

Jeff and I went to Dr. K's office this morning (yes, they open on Sundays just for those patients that need a weekend visit)... We both had the last of our blood work and my last big ultrasound before the event. Jeff is scheduled for 6am on Tuesday, I am scheduled for 8am. The ultrasound today was amazing... I have over 17 follicles (eggs) on my right ovary that are approximately 1.5-2cm each - that is a lot! It is no wonder I am in total discomfort. The left side was harder to view and lower, so the current count is less for what they could see... but it is the more painful side. Only 2 more shots tonight (the HCG) that will burst those follicles into READY! I will have no shots tomorrow, but be on a clear liquid diet in preparation for the "surgery" on Tuesday morning. We will know on Wednesday when Jaime has the embryo transfer... either Fri-Sat-Sun. I cant wait. After calculations, the EDC (due date) is now 1/27/08. Can you believe this? It is too amazing.

I was so emotional this morning - really tearful. Actually, the past two days have been really, really emotional for me. Like, no matter what anyone says, I start to cry. We got to spend last night with Jaime and Alysha and Jake had prom and it was all so emotional and loving. The house is totally torn up for construction and remodeling. We have no kitchen, which means we are going to mom and dad's for dinner. Everything i moving along... more to come. XOXO

0 comments: