Wednesday, May 7, 2008

the day after...waiting for the call

Here it is: May 7th! This is the awaited date of our 20th wedding anniversary... Jeff and I have known each other since 1984. That is amazing. Of course, we didn't start dating until AFTER puberty (LOL)! We started dating in May of 1987. I was a mere 16 years old and I was able to find the love of my life and my soul mate. What a blessing this is for me. And, so many people thought it wouldn't last. They totally underestimated our stubborn streaks and how dedicated were are to our family, regardless of the storms along the way. And, let me tell you, we have had some severe storms... but, I wouldn't trade those awesome learning experiences (save one very obvious loss). I can hardy believe tat 20 years ago today, Carol was taking me to Swensen's Ice Cream in Cerritos for a bubble gum ice cream sundae, right after a totally nutritious 5 am meal of biscuits and gravy (thanks dad). I look back and I laugh at the location Jeff chose, the dresses and decorations my mother chose, and all the people who worked so hard to make the reception at my aunt and uncle's house work. What a hoot. Had I been in control... LOL! Oh, the times they have changed. So, the best gift we will receive today is the number of fertilized eggs that are in the blastocyst phase of development. This will determine the exact day (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) that we do the embryo transfer and entrust our awesome sister, Jaime with our future baby (yes, babies). I can't wait for the call, I am so excited.

Unfortunately, I am also very edgy this morning... hormone withdraw I am sure. Laughing. I am still quite sore and very fatigued. This whole process is taking a bit of a toll on me, but it is well worth it. I think even Jeff is hoping for twins at this point (freaks, all of them...LOL). We have been so very blessed to have this opportunity at another child, another precious life entrusted to our care. Again, tears fill my eyes just knowing how truly blessed we are. How, without Jaime's total insistence on carrying our child, that we would've simply adopted. Now, we have a genetic link to the future (again). Mom and Dad are so excited and so supportive. We couldn't ask for more support right here in our own backyard. They are there fr us: early morning drives to the doctor office (which is WAY past Fry Rd... huh, mom?), dad making me snacks and treats, letting us crash at their house and spend the days and evenings, feeding us while our house is under major construction, supporting our decision to have another baby, giving shots (did I mention that mom was excellent at shots?), and just being there to support us through the mood swings, the tension, the stuff that goes with fertility treatments...

OK, just heard from the doctor office and here is the scoop:
Out of the 17 healthy eggs they retrieved, 12 of them were mature enough...
of those, 9 actually fertilized and those are our embryos... 9 of them, growing in a happy medium this morning. Friday morning at 9 am is our embryo transfer. We will be placing 3 of those beautiful embryos into Jaime's ready womb... Excited and overwhelmed... what a gift. What a blessing and an answer to our prayers... I called Mom and Dad right away... then, Kellie and Jaime called us and we are gonna busy with all this news today! We have another three-way going! I better get going! xoxo

0 comments: